Monday, February 09, 2009

Deuteronomy chapter 2

vs 28

Hell, they could even make some money off of having Jews go through their country. How many countries can say that? (yes, I'm going to hell for that one)

vs 29

They even passed through two other countries already - what more glowing a CV do you want than that? Doesn't that speak for them, that they didn't loot the last countries?

vs 30

Just like a mini Pharaoh, Sihon was wicked, and God decided that Israel was going to be his judgment tool against him. Why else decide not to let them pass?

vs 31

Having an enemy king declare war on you doesn't exactly look like them being handed over into your hands. But it's God's first step. And if God is with you, what more do you want? Israel had its orders to march. Remember this is all past tense - stuff that's led them to where they are now.

vs 32

His whole army. Uh oh. Oh oh for him, anyway.

vs 33

He sure got learned. Whole army gone. Sons gone. Him gone.

vs 34

Even though you know that God was judging these towns, I still find them hard. I mean, every kid, every woman. That's a lot of death. And even if God had just struck them down himself, like the angel in Egypt, that's one thing. But sending your godly people to go and slaughter them, that seems harsh to me.

I'm not questioning God or anything like that. But I wouldn't be happy if God told me part of his covenantal promise to me was that I had to go invade New Zealand and kill a bunch of children.

vs 35

I think at this point that was allowed. I'm too lazy to check.

vs 36

That's a lot of towns. And a fair amount of area.

vs 37

And they kept to the rules. Three cheers for Israel. Huzzah!

No comments: