Monday, June 07, 2010

Ezekiel chapter 12

vs 10

So if they don't get the picture of Ezekiel packing his belongings and fleeing through the hole in the wall, now he has to turn around and explain the picture in simple terms that a prince can understand.

vs 11

Gosh, could it be more simplistic? That's a pretty clear cut message.

vs 12

So the picture Ezekiel was miming is pretty much exactly what is going to happen to the prince. And if the prince leaves, who else will?

vs 13

Now, when I read a passage like that, it makes me think someone is going to have their eyes plucked out. I wouldn't normally even consider this option, but with the situation of the prophecy, it becomes somewhat more likely I think you'll agree.

God has set a trap for him, which definitely makes it sound like he's trying to sneak out. Which means it will fail, because he ends up in Babylon.

vs 14

Not only that, but anyone on his staff who is with him is going to get pursued as well. They'll break and flee when he's caught, which is pretty much the suckiest thing that can happen to a leader. Like Jesus.

vs 15

"Crap, God's real?! It took me a one-way ticket to some foreign country in subjugation and the loss of my home, my friends, and my land to realise this?" Pretty nasty wake up call.

vs 16

Isn't that nice. God will leave just enough people alive so that they know how screwed up they were. At least they get to live.

vs 17

Yeah, it does that.

vs 18

Oh, is that a command, or am I just going to do that because of what you tell me to do next? We'll find out tomorrow!

No comments: