Friday, October 01, 2010

I wrote this a while ago, and thought I put it up here, but apparently not. So here it is now.

Flashing landscape flits by. My mind flitters with it, not thinking about any one thing. Music plays in my ears - a compilation of songs, my life in music. Songs from youth, from happy times, sad times. The songs have their own story, but I have added to it with my life.

This song makes me laugh - singing it with Alex on guitar in the street, back when we were single.

The landscape flies by, but I don't see it now.

A new song, and now I see Cyprus - this song made me homesick, made me Australian.

New music has to fight these feelings, this relationship. This familiarity makes me feel safe, comfortable, even with sad memories. No-one hears this song but me. Others, some might share.

My wife shares this one with me. It makes fun of pop, it appeals to us both.

Time passes with the scenery, and I get closer to my destination. Another song now.

This one is live. Heard it first, liked it best. Penny and I sing the parts as we drive.

Only a couple more songs till Sydney.

This one goes way back to high school. A skiing ad! A friend played it to me on the bus. Where is he now? He will always be in this song.

More buildings, more wires. Sydney is here, and my songs will soon be gone, and with them my memories. But they'll both be back, on the ride home.

No comments: