Saturday, March 01, 2008

Acts chapter 27

vs 12

I'm glad Luke makes it clear that he means the harbour in Crete, and not the city in America :P

vs 13-20

I'm really unsure how much I can say on these verses. They say a lot about the treacherousness of the weather in the sea around Crete, I'm sure they tell people a lot of historically significant stuff about sailing in the first century (who knew they had life boats?). I guess the basic point of these verses could be summarised in "A huge storm hit. We were all boned."

vs 21

Now, I love Paul, but "I told you so" doesn't strike me as the best thing to open a speech to a bunch of hungry, tired and upset people.

vs 22

Now that is a nice message for everyone whom does not own the ship. Paul changed tac quickly, if you will. Bit of maritime humour there.

No comments: