Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Proverbs chapter 7

vs 1

Wisdom is like cargo - you can store it up. You can actually gain more and more.

vs 2

Again we are looking at how much we should value wisdom.

vs 3

Wisdom should affect both what you think and feel, but also what you do with your hands.

vs 4

The idea of being related to wisdom and insight is an interesting one. The family connection is obviously a strong one, especially when this was written. It means you can say, "I am from the house of wisdom".

vs 5

This intrigues me. Are wisdom and insight helping you to keep away from the woman because you are related to them, or just because they are wisdom and insight? Is this an extension of the earlier metaphor, is what I'm asking. I don't think it is. But it almost seems to flow, although I can't really make that statement without reading the Hebrew I guess, and being some sort of scholar.

vs 6

...Okay. I guess you did.

vs 7

I think the context means "among those with even little sense, I saw one that outranked them all in the senselessness department".

vs 8

So here is Solomon looking out the window at some young man who is making his way down to the corner where the adulterous woman lives.

vs 9

It's the wrong time of day, is the point. When night falls, that's when people do their bad things.

No comments: