Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Proverbs chapter 16

vs 1

There's nothing wrong with us desiring stuff, in that we are built to have desires. However, truth and wisdom come only from God. I think way too often we challenge that proposition.

vs 2

Again, just like above. We try and tell God what is pure. It doesn't work that way.

vs 3

Of course, by committing it to God, you are saying that it's something God wants done.

vs 4

Ends are all God's department. It's comforting not to have to worry about them.

vs 5

Snap. The only thing we really should boast about is God's work in us.

vs 6

It's not that sins are forgiven just by love and faithfulness. These are proverbs, remember. They somtimes use hyperbole. No doubt the effects of love and faithfulness are real on sin, though.

vs 7

I don't know that many of us really have that many enemies. But having enemies sucks, I can attest to that. I would really love for God to make peace between me and my enemies. Especially the crazy nutbar ones.

vs 8

Amen. Hear that, all you bloody capitalists?

vs 9

Similar to above. It makes me think if there's some sort of parallelism in the whole chapter... but I can't be bothered looking.

vs 10

A good king, we assume. But even then, any king's words will be an oracle to some point. Though they would probably betray justice.

vs 11

God doesn't mind honest gain, see. It's the people that make the money grubbing their first priority that honesty doesn't come before that are the bastards. Ahem. I mean, that are not good in God's sight.

No comments: