Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ezekiel chapter 4

vs 1

Now, honestly, what are you going to do when God tells you to grab some clay and draw a little Jerusalem on it? You're going to do it.

vs 2

Honestly, is God just feeding Ezekiel with a sermon illustration, or what? Some of us have to think long and hard, you know?

If anyone ever tells you that miniature wargaming is unChristian, tell them you are following the prophetic ministry of Ezekiel. Word up, my gaming homies.

vs 3

I assume the pan is to show a separation between Ezekiel and the city. As if it is God himself laying seige to Jerusalem. Possibly. Perhaps all will come clear.

vs 4

Okay, I'm not quite sure how one represents sin. Maybe he just has a blanket with the word 'sin' written on it? Anyway, another illustration given by God. It's hardly fair, really.

vs 5

Except that this one is a little bit more long-suffering, so you know what? Ezekiel can have it. 390 days, representing 390 years. So pretty much the whole time after David and Solomon?

vs 6

This is more interesting. Now only 40 days... what is that measuring? Did Judah only start sinning 40 years before the exile? I don't think so. I need to know my history better, obviously, to know what this is referring to.

vs 7

Bared arm? Again, at a loss. But it's obvious that he is wearing Judah's sin, and prophesying against Jerusalem. Which some might think is just a little late, what with the exile already having happened.

vs 8

So he lies there, for 40 days, prophesying against Jerusalem, and isn't allowed to leave till the seige is over. That's got to suck. I mean, I'd get sick of playing 40k for 40 days. He doesn't even have another person to pretend to try and protect Jerusalem.

vs 9

So not only does he have to lie there for OVER A YEAR, he has to bake his own bread... on his side? Man, that's hardcore. I thought I was hardcore when I used to have a toaster on my computer table for making food whilst computing.

No comments: