Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Ezekiel chapter 42

Setting a new standard for boring...

vs 13-14

Okay, this bit about the holiness of the area, the garments, and the offerings is somewhat interesting, but it's nothing new either. This idea of holiness does make me wonder whether it is right to keep some things just for God - like people used to have their Sunday best, or the Catholics would bury what was left of communion (although a slightly different theological precedent here re transubstantiation might be in play there, which I don't support). Nowadays, we use everything for whatever we can use it for. Church is a hall, so it's church/function room/rentable space etc. Clothes are just worn whenever needed. Bread is communion on Sunday and sandwiches on Monday. I wonder if we lose something from this.

vs rest

Well, the rest of it is all housing instructions. Forgive me, but I just can't make anything out of measurements - well, except perhaps a scale model of the temple being described. But I'll pass. I'm not an architecture student.

No comments: