Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ezekiel chapter 47

vs 1

Okay, when I said before that I thought this was a picture of how Israel would live, that God was giving them hope for the future, there are some things that I don't think were expected to literally happen. This is one.

vs 2

It's not a river, but a trickle of water is still very important in the middle east.

vs 3

That's pretty darn deep.

vs 4

Getting quite deep here.

vs 5

A river so deep no-one could cross? That's quite a river.

vs 6

I don't know how you could ask someone if they see something that is so big you can't cross it.

vs 7

How lovely.

vs 8

Now, that's the opposite of what you'd expect. The dead sea is so salty that water you pour in would become salty. But this river is so big and so fresh that it can make the dead sea fresh.

vs 9

It's a river of living water. Hmm, where have I read that before?

vs 10

Which, I might point out, is salty.

vs 11

Because, you know, not everything can be fresh water.

vs 12

It's the trees of life, with the fruit and leaves of life. Again, Revelation steals this picture.

vs 13

Joeseph, after what, a millenia, still gets two lots of land!

vs 14

God isn't giving up on that promise... even if the land is currently overrun.

vs 15-20

I'm getting flashbacks of Joshua here. I'd check to see if they match up, but I'm too lazy.

vs 21

So, not any way you want.

vs 22

Oh, wow. That's phenomenal. That is unheard of. What is a Jew, if these people are treated as native-born? Awesome verse.

vs 23

So if they live there, they become a member of that tribe. Which is useful, since most of the tribes got the arse and disappeared. This is a mass refilling of God's people, not using Jews.

No comments: